Matthew R. Shaud
Areas of Practice
Land Use and Real Estate Law
Litigation and Appellate Law
Local Government Law
Mr. Shaud is a 2011 graduate of Florida State University and a 2015 graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Law and Vermont Law School. Mr. Shaud joined the firm in 2022 and practices in the areas of litigation and appellate law. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Shaud served as an Assistant County Attorney in Escambia County and an Assistant Public Defender for the Office of the Public Defender of the First Judicial Circuit. Mr. Shaud also previously worked in the offices of the City Attorney and the Mayor of the City of Pensacola.
- Member of the firm’s Litigation and Appellate Law Practice Area.
- Provides general representation to clients on employment issues, finance matters, eminent domain, and property and land use issues.
Prior Professional Experience
- Assistant County Attorney, Escambia County, 2019-2022.
- Assistant Public Defender, Office of the Public Defender, 1st Judicial Circuit, 2017-2019.
- Public Records Coordinator; Research Assistant, City of Pensacola, 2016-2017.
Professional, Civic & Community Involvement
- Admitted to practice in all courts of the State of Florida, the United States District Court for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 2015
- Master of Environmental Law and Policy, Vermont Law School, 2015
- B.A., Florida State University, 2011