Elizabeth Desloge Ellis
Areas of Practice
Land Use and Real Estate Law
Litigation and Appellate Law
Ms. Ellis is a 2009 graduate of Washington University in St. Louis and a 2012 graduate of the Florida State University College of Law. Ms. Ellis joined the firm in 2019 and practices in the areas of litigation and appellate law. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Ellis practiced at the firm of Carr Allison and served as an Assistant State Attorney in the Second Judicial Circuit, where she took over 50 cases to jury trial. Ms. Ellis serves on the Board of Directors for the Young Lawyers Section of the Tallahassee Bar Association, the Tallahassee Bar Association, Refuge House of the Big Bend, Tallahassee Women Lawyers, and Goodwood Museum & Gardens. Ms. Ellis is a member of the Capital Tiger Bay Club and a graduate of Leadership Tallahassee Class 37.
- Member of the firm’s Litigation and Appellate Law Practice Area.
- Represents clients before all state courts of the State of Florida and the United States District Court for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts.
- Provides general representation to clients on employment issues, tax and finance matters, contract and construction issues, real estate and land use disputes, eminent domain, inverse condemnation, and Bert J. Harris issues.
Prior Professional Experience
- Assistant State Attorney, State Attorney’s Office, Leon County office, 2012-2017.
- Associate, Carr Allison, Tallahassee, Florida office, 2017-2019.
Professional, Civic & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Knight Creative Communities Institute (KCCI), Catalyst 2012-2013
- Capital Tiger Bay Club, Member
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Member
- Tallahassee Women Lawyers, Board Member
- Young Lawyers Section, Tallahassee Bar Association, Executive Board Member
- Tallahassee Bar Association, Board Member
- Refuge House of the Big Bend, Executive Board Member
- Goodwood Museum & Gardens, Board Member
- Leadership Tallahassee, Member, Class 37
- The Awesome Foundation of Tallahassee, Board Member, 2019-2020
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 2012
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 2009