William (Bill) C. Garner
Areas of Practice
Land Use and Real Estate Law
Local Government Law
Public Utilities Law
From 2005 to 2010, Mr. Garner served as Chief Advisor to two Commissioners at the Florida Public Service Commission, providing legal, technical and policy advice on all matters coming before the Commission. Mr. Garner was instrumental in aiding the Commissioners in rendering decisions concerning the economic regulation of investor-owned water and wastewater companies, electric companies, and natural gas distribution companies, as well as providing competitive market oversight in the telecommunications industry. Before joining the Public Service Commission, Mr. Garner served as a Senior Attorney providing legal counsel and analysis to several committees of the Florida House of Representatives. Before earning his Juris Doctor degree from the Florida State University College of Law in 2000, Mr. Garner clerked two years at the law firm, Rose, Sundstrom & Bentley, LLP. Mr. Garner has a Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication from the University of South Florida with a minor in political science. Mr. Garner’s practice focuses on public utility law and utility acquisitions.
- Provides governmental consulting services and legal representation to clients across the several branches of government.
- Represents counties, municipalities and special districts as both utility counsel and acquisition/divestiture counsel.
- Represents the interests of local governments in public utility regulatory proceedings.
Prior Professional Experience
- Nabors, Giblin & Nickerson, P.A., 2010 to present.
- Chief Advisor to the Chairman/Commissioner, Florida Public Service Commission, 2005-2010.
- Senior Attorney, Florida House of Representatives, 2001-2005.
Professional, Civic & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Member.
- The Florida Bar: Administrative Law and City, County and Local Government Law Sections, Member.
- Served on the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices Policy Academy on Energy Efficiency in Buildings.
- Participated as faculty presenter on energy issues at the 2009 Growth Management, Energy, Climate Change & the Environmental Short Course, and the 2009 Environmental Permitting Summer School.
- J.D., Florida State University, College of Law, 2000.
- B.A., University of South Florida, 1996.