Ritesh S. Patel
Area of Practice
Special Project Financing
Ritesh S. Patel graduated cum laude with honors from the Florida State University (B.S. 1998) with a degree in Political Science. In 2002, Mr. Patel received his law degree from the University of Florida College of Law (J.D., with honors). Mr. Patel joined the Firm in October 2002 and practices with the Firm's Public Finance Group. During his tenure with the Firm, Mr. Patel has worked on numerous tax-exempt financings in the capacity of bond counsel, disclosure counsel and underwriter's counsel representing various Florida school districts, municipalities, counties and special districts. The majority of Mr. Patel's practice is focused on Florida school district financings. In this area, Mr. Patel has experience in transactions utilizing general obligation bonds, TANS, RANS, certificates of participation, sales tax revenue bonds, qualified zone academy bonds, qualified school construction bonds, Build America Bonds and tax-exempt equipment lease-purchases. Additionally, Mr. Patel has general municipal finance experience representing counties and municipalities in connection with the financing of public utility systems, roads and other transportation facilities/systems, the acquisition of environmentally sensitive lands and various other public facilities.
- Represents counties, municipalities, school districts, underwriters and conduit borrowers in all facets of taxable and tax-exempt public finance transactions.
- Represents counties, municipalities and special districts in the development, structure, and implementation of special assessment programs for services (fire, solid waste, stormwater, roadway maintenance) and capital facilities.
Professional, Civic & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Member
- The Florida Bar - City, County, and Local Government Section, Member
- J.D., with honors, University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law, 2002
- B.S., cum laude with honors, Florida State University, 1998