Mark T. Mustian
Areas of Practice
Local Government Law
Land Use and Real Estate Law
Mr. Mustian is a 1983 honors graduate of the University of Florida College of Law. He has practiced exclusively in municipal finance since his admission to The Florida Bar in 1983. Mr. Mustian is also a member of the State Bar of Georgia. In such practice, he has served as bond counsel in a variety of tax-exempt financings, including financings for educational facilities, health care facilities, airports, resource recovery facilities, housing and other local government infrastructure. He joined the Firm in April 1986 and was previously associated with the firm of Livermore, Klein and Lott, P.A., Jacksonville, Florida. Mr. Mustian is a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers and the Local Government Section of The Florida Bar, and a graduate of both the Leadership Tallahassee and Leadership Florida programs. He has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Young Lawyers Division of The Florida Bar, the Chair of the Tallahassee Area Chamber of Commerce and, from 2003-2012, as an elected City Commissioner of the City of Tallahassee.
- Represents clients in all facets of municipal and local government finance, including affordable housing, healthcare and community redevelopment.
- Represents lenders, borrowers, trustees and bondholders in lending, default and workout situations.
Prior Professional Experience
- Livermore Klein & Lott, P.A., Jacksonville, Florida, 1983-1986.
Professional, Civic & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Member.
- Commissioner, Tallahassee City Commission, 2003-2012.
- Former Board Member, Florida League of Cities.
- Past President, Tallahassee Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Recipient of 2001 Distinguished Leader Award.
- Alumnus of Leadership Florida and Leadership Tallahassee.
- Also admitted to practice in Georgia.
- Author of the novel The Return, published 2000.
- Author of the novel The Gendarme, published 2010.
- Member, AARP National Policy Council.
- J.D., University of Florida, 1983.
- B.S., University of Florida, 1980.