Mark T. Mustian
Areas of Practice
Local Government Law
Land Use and Real Estate Law
Mr. Mustian (Florida Bar No. 0381519) is a 1983 honors graduate of the University of Florida College of Law. He has practiced exclusively in municipal finance since his admission to The Florida Bar in 1983. Mr. Mustian is also a member of the State Bar of Georgia (admitted 1983). In such practice, he has served as bond counsel in a variety of tax-exempt financings, including financings for educational facilities, health care facilities, airports, resource recovery facilities, housing and other local government infrastructure. Mr. Mustian has worked on financings as varied as the City of Callaway and Bay County's joint issuance of bonds to provide a jointly-owned advanced wastewater treatment facility, the City of Hialeah's project for new water supply, financings for the Clay County Utility Authority and the Florida Governmental Utility Authority, the City of Panama City Beach's community redevelopment area TIF bonds, and special assessment-secured financings for beach renourishment in Nassau County and Okaloosa County. He joined the Firm in April 1986 and was previously associated with the firm of Livermore, Klein and Lott, P.A., Jacksonville, Florida. Mr. Mustian is a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers and the Local Government Section of The Florida Bar, and a graduate of both the Leadership Tallahassee and Leadership Florida programs. He has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Young Lawyers Division of The Florida Bar, the Chair of the Tallahassee Area Chamber of Commerce, a member of the board of directors of the Florida League of Cities and, from 2003-2012, as an elected City Commissioner of the City of Tallahassee.
- Represents clients in all facets of municipal and local government finance, including affordable housing, healthcare and community redevelopment.
- Represents lenders, borrowers, trustees and bondholders in lending, default and workout situations.
Prior Professional Experience
- Livermore Klein & Lott, P.A., Jacksonville, Florida, 1983-1986.
Professional, Civic & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Member.
- Commissioner, Tallahassee City Commission, 2003-2012.
- Former Member, National Policy Council AARP.
- Past Board Member, Florida League of Cities.
- Past President, Tallahassee Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Recipient of 2001 Distinguished Leader Award.
- Alumnus of Leadership Florida and Leadership Tallahassee.
- Also admitted to practice in Georgia.
- Author of the novel The Return, published 2000.
- Author of the novel The Gendarme, published 2010.
- J.D., University of Florida, 1983.
- B.S., University of Florida, 1980.