Junious D. Brown III
Area of Practice
Mr. Brown served as director of the Florida Housing Finance Corporation’s affordable housing mortgage guarantee and asset management programs for three years prior to joining the Firm. In his capacity as director, Mr. Brown oversaw Florida Housing’s provision of credit enhancement in connection with various tax-exempt bond and low-income housing tax credit transactions, managed housing inventory and mortgage guarantee exposure in excess of $1 billion, and established and maintained relationships with nationally-recognized rating agencies and bond insurers. Prior to his tenure with Florida Housing, Mr. Brown was associated with the Tallahassee firm of Katz, Kutter, Haigler, Alderman, Bryant & Yon, P.A. for three years, where he practiced transactional, corporate and insurance regulatory law. Mr. Brown earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Economics from Florida A&M University in 1993 and Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration (Real Estate and Urban Land Economics) degrees in 1998 from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. As a member of the Firm, Mr. Brown’s practice focuses on municipal finance.
- Represents state, county and municipal governments in connection with bond financings.
- Represents state and local affordable housing issuers on bond and low-income housing tax credit financings.
Prior Professional Experience
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation, 2001-2004.
- Katz, Kutter, Heigler, Alderman, Bryant & Yon, P.A., 1998-2001.
Professional, Civic & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Member.
- The Florida Bar Business Law Section, Member.
- State Bar of Wisconsin; Business Law Section.
- American Bar Association, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law.
- Also admitted to practice in Wisconsin.
- J.D. and M.B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1998.
- B.S. Florida A&M University, 1993.