Heath R. Stokley
Areas of Practice
Litigation and Appellate Law
Land Use and Real Estate Law
Mr. Stokley is a 1996 cum laude graduate of Florida State University with a bachelors degree in History and International Affairs and a 1999 graduate of the University of Florida College of Law, with honors, where he was a member of the University of Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy. Mr. Stokley joined the Firm in 2007 where he concentrates his practice in the areas of litigation and appellate law and provides representation in the areas of: tort claims; contract and construction disputes; real estate and land use disputes; inverse condemnation and takings claims; eminent domain, employment; and local government tax and finance matters. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Stokley practiced with the firms of Mateer & Harbert (Orlando) and Kubicki Draper (Jacksonville) where he engaged in a diverse civil practice in the areas of tort litigation, commercial litigation, construction litigation, trademark and trade secret litigation, healthcare law, environmental and land use, and administrative law
- Member of the firm's Litigation and Appellate Law Practice Area.
- Provides general representation to clients on employment issues, tax and finance matters, tort claims, contract and construction issues, real estate and land use disputes, eminent domain, inverse condemnation and Bert J. Harris issues.
- Represents clients before all Florida Circuit Courts, and the United States District Court of the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior Professional Experience
- Associate, Kubicki Draper, P.A., Jacksonville, Florida Office, 2002-2006.
- Associate, Mateer & Herbert, P.A., Orlando, Florida, 1999-2002.
Professional, Civic & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Member.
- Member of the City, County and Local Government Law, Environmental and Land Use Law, and Trial Lawyers Sections of the Florida Bar.
- American Bar Association, Member of Local Government Section.
- Tallahassee Bar Association, Member.
- J.D., University of Florida (with honors), 1999.
- University of Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy, Member.
- William French Clark Research Editing Excellence Award, Spring 1998.
- B.A., Florida State University, History and International Affairs, cum laude, 1996.