Christopher M. Traber
Area of Practice
Special Project Financing
Mr. Traber graduated with high honors from Ohio University (B.B.A. 1992) with a degree in accounting. He received his law degree with honors from the University of Miami School of Law (J.D. 1995), where he was an associate editor of the Inter-American Law Review. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Traber served as a senior tax consultant for two years with the accounting firm of Ernst & Young LLP and was associated with the Tampa law firm of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick LLP, where he practiced tax and corporate law. He joined the Firm's Public Finance Practice in January 1999, and is a member of The Florida Bar and National Association of Bond Lawyers. Mr. Traber has served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, underwriters' counsel and special counsel for numerous revenue bond transactions including financing general governmental improvements, airports, ports, health care facilities, water and wastewater facilities, manufacturing facilities, educational facilities and transportation facilities. He has also helped local governments plan, implement and finance numerous special projects involving the creation of special revenue streams, such as special assessments and dedicated home rule tax increment, and formation of special districts for both government and quasi-government/public-private projects.
- Serves as Bond Counsel and Underwriter's Counsel in all facets of municipal and local government finance, including health care and senior care facilities, water and wastewater facilities, manufacturing facilities, higher educational facilities and transportation facilities.
- Represents clients in redevelopment projects, rural infrastructure projects and other capital projects involving the development and implementation of special revenues for local governments, such as special assessments and tax increment financing.
Professional, Civic & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Member
- The Florida Bar Association: Local Government Law Section, Member
- National Association of Bonds Lawyers, Member
- Past speaker at the Florida Government Finance Officer's Association
- J.D., University of Miami, 1995
- B.B.A. in Accounting, Ohio University, 1992
Prior Professional Experience
- Associate, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick LLP, Tampa, Florida
- Senior Tax Consultant, Ernst & Young LLP, Tampa, Florida